This weekend we were very busy with family joining us on Saturday evening and friends on Sunday. We had to fit in all of the usual jobs plus put the polytunnel up too. So Saturday we set to work. I did the usual horses and house jobs then joined Ste with the polytunnel. He started putting the frame together in the barn. The weather wasn’t very kind on Saturday but he soldiered on. I was asked to hold this, lift that and straighten the other. In no time at all we had the frame up.
Buddy helped out where he could making sure he checked the bucket’s didn’t have anything worth eating in them and having the odd drink or 2.
Ryan supervised the whole situation.
Day 2 saw the cover go on. This is where it started to get tricky. It was very tight and I can see the zips ripping in no time. We managed it though and as it has a 12 month guarantee I’ll be sure to keep that in case I need to get a new one.
Then being amazing, Ste knocked up a couple of raised beds and attached them to the frame that’s there (this is how we put the PT up, this is not what’s in the manual). The weight of that wood will not let that frame go anywhere. We also dug a trench around the polytunnel and buried the cover in it.
All in all I am really pleased. I think it looks great and it’s ready to provide us some food in the coming year.
In between holding and lifting, I sowed some seeds, clipped off some of the strawberries that I’d taken from runners and forgotten about and gave some of the veg plot a tidy up, giving the chickens their treats too.
I also finally got my potatoes chitting.